Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spoke Art Gallery: Works of Max Dalton

Spoke Art Gallery in San Francisco was another gallery I had time to visit while waiting for my ferry departure to see Ai Wei Wei's @large exhibition. The gallery featured the works of Max Dalton, whom I'm not familiar with but that became irrelevant because I enjoyed the art due to the relate interest in subject matter. Max Dalton's work focuses on his love for cinema and recreating them in fun new presentation. Cinema references ranges from films from the late 70's such as the film Star Wars to the present 2000's such as the television show Breaking Bad. I would say I can relate to or have seen about 95 percent of the cinema references he pays homage to. Dalton's art style is character driven but minimalist, further strengthened by lettering or activities within the artwork. My personal favorites are "Where's Walter?" which is a Breaking Bad version of Where;s Waldo, which is fun and engaging due to the act of finding people or items and the fact I'm a fan of the television show also added to the stimulation. All the art is done with fine art glicee which would indicate the original must have been done through a type of illustrator program.

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Darth Vader



Lord of the Rings

Art through a Viewfinder

Breaking Bad/Where's Waldo mash-up

My reflection selfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment